Tofu based 'ricotta' goes a treat in baked pasta dishes, and now you can eat even more of it with Alexa's healthy hack to replace the pasta with rolled up zucchini!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2-3 zucchini
- 32 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 (14 ounces) container firm tofu
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Fresh basil to garnish
1. Remove tofu from package and wrap tofu block in 2 paper towels. Squeeze for 10 seconds then break apart tofu into your food processor. To the food processor add salt, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder. Pulse 6-10 times until you reach the consistency of ricotta cheese. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings as needed.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1⁄8” thick strips, I used a vegetable peeler!
3. Spread marinara sauce onto the bottom of an oven-proof skillet; set aside.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture evenly along each zucchini slice. Roll up and place in the prepared skillet; repeat with remaining zucchini slices and filling.
5. Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lasagna rolls are heated through and the cheese is beginning to brown.
6. Serve immediately. Garnish with ground pepper and fresh basil.
Like this recipe? Purchase Alexa's eBook Fueled Naturally.