Brett Cobley's Tiramisu has all the elements of the classic that you love, adorably served in individual glasses just to make it extra beautiful for your guests.
- 300g self-raising four
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- pinch of salt
- 300ml plant milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinigar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons of coffee
- 600g vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liquor
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 100g grated dark vegan chocolate
1. Mix together the flour, with 200g caster sugar, bicarb and salt.
2. In a jug mix together the 300ml plant milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
3. Add the vegan butter to the flour mix and stir until it forms a crumbly consistency.
4. Add the liquid a little bit at a time while mixing.
5. Once you have a thick smooth batter. Pour it in to a large greased baking tray and bake for 30mins on 160c
6. While the sponge is baking combine the cream cheese, alcohol and 1/2 cup of caster sugar. Mix the custard powder with hot water and plant milk and stir together to form a thick paste then combine with the creamy mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. Remove the sponger from the oven and allow to rest for 1 hour.
8. Once the sponge has rested, cut it into fingers and brew a cup of coffee made with 2 tablespoons of instant coffee. Pour the coffee on to a plate so it is easier to dip the sponge.
9. Spoon the cream mixture into a glass then dip the sponge into the coffee and lay it on top making a layer. Now spoon more cream onto to form a new layer and coat this with grated chocolate. Add on more sponge and repeat this process of sponge, cream and chocolate until you reach the top of the glass and finish with cream topped with chocolate.
10. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy!
You can purchase Brett Cobley's debut cookbook What Vegans Eat here.