This versatile plant-based pesto can spice up any dish. Try it on pasta, sandwiches, or even as a salad dressing. What are you waiting for?
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 sweet red peppers
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- handful of fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Using a heavy skillet heat the almonds over medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes until they begin to brown and give off a rich and tasty fragrance. Still and toss regularly as they can burn very quickly so you'll need to keep a close eye on them throughout.
2. Remove them from the pan to cool, then add them to a food process to blitz into little pieces.
3. Add the peppers to a preheated over at 450 F 230 C for 25 minutes. Once roasted, let the peppers cool and then peel the skins off.
4. Place all ingredients into a food processor until you reach your desired pesto consistency.
You can purchase Rachel's debut cookbook Rachel Ama's Vegan Eats.
- Serving Size: 2