Arpita went wild with toppings for this insane banana bread, but the really cool bit is inside! This beautiful loaf is gluten free, way healthier than the traditional version.. and (of course) totally vegan - just the way we like it!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 medium bananas (around 480g)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 75ml dairy free milk
- 90ml water
- 75ml coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 25g gluten free oats
- 30g coconut flour
- 180g gluten free flour
- 75g nuts, chopped
- Coconut flakes, roughly chopped (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 180c.
2. Mash three of the bananas, add them to a large bowl with the ground flax seed, milk, water, oil and vanilla essence. Mix well.
3. In another bowl mix the salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, oats, gluten free flour and half the nuts. Do not overmix the batter.
4. Transfer to a non-stick loaf tin. Add the remaining banana, cut into two, to the top. Finally sprinkle on the remaining chopped nuts.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes until risen well and a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and serve with coconut yoghurt or nut butter.
This recipe was developed by Arpita Venugopal during their time at The Vegan Chef School. To find out more about masterclasses and vegan chef courses, both in person or online, visit The Vegan Chef School here.
You can follow Arpita's vegan chef journey on Instagram.