The avocado adds creaminess, the sliced strawberry brings a fresh fruitiness, and the balsamic glaze rounds out the flavors with a hint of acidity and sweetness.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and quartered
- 4 whole-wheat bread slices, toasted
- 4 ripe strawberries, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze or reduction
- Mash one-quarter of the avocado on a slice of toast.
- Layer one-quarter of the strawberry slices over the avocado, and finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients, and serve.
This recipe was republished with permission from Gabriel Miller, aka Plant-Based Gabriel.
Like this recipe? Pre-order Gabriel's debut cookbook The Plant-Based Diet For Beginners.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 150
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 5 g