Even though this recipe is a great way to get excited about halloween - these pumpkin muffins tastes amazing all year round. And if you're looking for something a little lighter - just skip the peanut butter frosting.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 1/2 cups /425g steamed squash or pumpkin
- 3 tsp pumpkin spice mix or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 200g 1 1/2 cup fine oatmeal or Oat bran
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Pinch sea salt
- Toasted almonds
- Firstly peel and chop the squash/pumpkin into small- ish cubes.
- Add to your steamer and steam for aprox 10 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- Add the cooled squash to a food processor and blitz until very smooth and creamy. Add in all the remaining ingredients apart from the Oats and seeds and blitz again to combine throughly.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the oat bran and seeds. Stir throughly to combine.
- Add 8 muffin cases to your muffin/cupcake tray and dollop in the mixture – dividing between the cases.
- Top with a little coconut sugar and flaked almonds (if you’re not topping with peanut coconut frosting).
- Bake on a medium heat from 20 minutes until cooked through. Then allow to cool
To make the frosting:
- Add all the into a small bowl and mix to combine.
- When the muffins have cooled, dollop the frosting on top.
- Serving Size: 8