Tempeh is a brilliant way to include protein in a plant-based diet, and you'll love it EVEN MORE when you try this delicious preparation that gets a thumbs up from everybody. with even a raw option!
- 200g Tempeh
- 2 fresh red chillies - one for processing, one for slicing2 shallots - one for processing, one for slicing2 cloves garlic, chopped½-inch fresh galangal root, sliced 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp1 tomato, cubed1-inch fresh sand ginger root 2 tablespoons organic palm sugar1 tablespoon organic light soy sauce1 teaspoon miso paste, any colour½ teaspoon organic salt
- Assorted microgreens or spring onions
1. Cut tempeh into triangles
2. Set aside sliced chili and sliced shallot.
3️. Sambal sauce: Process the remaining chili slices, shallot, garlic, galangal, tamarind pulp, tomato, ginger root, sugar, salt, soy sauce and miso in a blender till smooth.
4. Pour sauce onto tempeh slices and mix till well-coated. Add in sliced chilli and shallot.
5. Place tempeh mixture onto non-stick dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 45 degrees Celsius for 2.5 hours or until desired texture. Alternatively pan fry the tempeh or bake in oven.
6️. Serve and enjoy!