Use a blender to bring the batter together in no time at all and these quick and easy pancakes can be whipped up any day of the week.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8-10 pancakesServings
- 120g / 4.2oz quick cook oats
- 1 banana
- 280ml / 9.8 fl.oz coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (we use ground, but normal is fine)
- oil for frying
- fresh raspberries
- maple syrup
- Add all the pancake ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle a little oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and wait for the pan to heat up. Note: the key to good pancakes is ensuring the pan is hot enough so that the pancakes cook through, but not too hot so that the pancakes burn.
- Spoon 1 and a half tablespoons of pancake mixture into the pan to create each pancake and use the edge of a spoon to ease the mixture into a circle shape. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- To serve, top the pancakes with slices of banana, a few raspberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Like this recipe? Purchase Roxy and Ben's debut cookbook So Vegan In 5