These delicious Jammy Wagon Wheels are vegan can easily be tailored to gluten free (see sub ingredients below). You could also make them totally nut free by replacing the almond butter with sunflower seed butter.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 Large CookiesServings
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (defrosted)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups oatflakes (use GF is required)
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 15 medjool dates (pitted)
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup chilled coconut milk or coconut cream (use only the full fat part from the top of the can)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp creamed coconut (melted)
- 100g vegan chocolate
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- Blitz the oat flakes to your food processor until flour consistency
- Add the dates and salt and blend until they form a crumb
- Add the almond butter and blend further for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and press the dough together to form a ball.
- Roll the mixture out to 1cm thickness between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Cut circles out of the dough using a cookie cutter and set aside on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Reshape the remaining mixture and repeat until you have used up all of the dough.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract using a fork.
- Set the cream mixture aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or until it is firm enough to hold its shape.
- Add a dessert spoon of the coconut cream on top of half the oat biscuits and press down with the back of the spoon to flatten.
- Add a teaspoon of the chia jam on top and sandwich with a second oat biscuit.
- Set the biscuits aside in the freezer whilst you melt the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate and cacao butter in a glass/ceramic bowl and sit on top of a saucepan 1/2 filed with simmering water.
- Allow to melt gently and stir.
- Dip the wagon wheels into the chocolate and allow to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge
Like this recipe? Purchase Christina's eBook Unbaked.
- Serving Size: 6 Large Cookies