Coconut Chocolate Bars aka vegan Bounty bars! This delicious (almost raw) no-bake recipe is plant-based (dairy-free), and easy to make with only 7 simple ingredients. A delicious vegan dessert for all the coconut chocolate lovers out there! I have included a keto-friendly version in the recipe notes!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (100g)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp coconut yogurt or cashew yogurt (100g) (*see recipe notes)
- 1/3 cup powdered Erythritol or Xylitol (60g) (*see recipe notes)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (or chocolate of choice) (90g)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Process the shredded unsweetened coconut, the Erythritol (or Xylitol or powdered sugar), and salt in a food processor. Blend for some seconds, then add the coconut yogurt and vanilla extract. Blend again.
- Scrape down the sides with a spatula or spoon and blend again until all the ingredients are well combined. If the mixture is too wet, add more shredded unsweetened coconut. If it's too dry, add more coconut yogurt.
- Take out about 1 heaped tbsp of the mixture and form it into a rounded bar (similar to the shape of bounty bars) with your hands. Do this until no coconut dough is left.
- Place all coconut bars onto a plate and freeze for at least 45 minutes or until firm (longer is better).
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil in a double boiler (or in the microwave).
- Dip each coconut bar into the chocolate sauce and freeze again for about 15 minutes.
- Store leftovers in the fridge or in the freezer! Enjoy!