If you're in dire need of a quick but still healthy snack - these crispy fritters take less than 10 minutes to prepare and are made in five easy steps!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- One 15 oz can (about 280 g) chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Spices: 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp ground oregano, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, sea salt, and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup (50 g) rice flour*
- 1 cup (160 g) fresh corn (or canned)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Vegan cheese (optional)
- Cashew dip (optional)
- Watch the video (scroll down a bit) to see all instruction steps.
- Process chickpeas, onion, garlic, lime juice, and all spices in a food processor.
- Add rice flour and mix again.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and add the chopped pepper, corn, and parsley. Stir with a spoon or use your hands.
- Form 8 patties and fry them with some oil in a skillet from both sides (about 5 minutes each) until golden brown. Please read the blog post to find out how you can make the patties in the oven.
- Serve with a cashew dip. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 8