Get all the benefits of turmeric before you even leave the house for the day. Try this nutritious take on classic porridge.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk
- Dash of maple syrup to sweeten if desired
- Toppings of your choice
- Combine oats, spices, hemp seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, water & almond milk into a saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat and gently simmer until thickened to your desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in sweetener if desired. I prefer mine unsweetened as I love pairing it with fresh fruit!
- Transfer into a bowl and add on your favorite toppings.
Like this recipe? Grab a copy of Cherie's debut cookbook here!