These adorable little pancakes are inspired by the latest 'Pancake Cereal' trend - who could possibly turn down a bowl with dozens of baby pancakes adorned with toppings like the smoothie bowl you never dreamed was possible?
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 100g oat or plain flour (grind oats into a flour in a blender)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 120ml plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Coconut oil, for frying
- To serve: fresh or frozen fruit, yoghurt, syrup, nut butter
1. To a bowl add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and stir. Whisk in the milk, syrup and lemon juice until thick and smooth. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
2. Pour the batter into a piping bag or resealable bag and cut the end off (or skip this step to use a spoon). Heat some coconut oil in a large frying pan and pipe some of the pancake batter to form mini pancakes, about the size of a £2 coin. Or, use a teaspoon to drop the batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes for 1-2 minutes until cooked underneath, flip over and cook on the second side. Repeat to cook all the pancakes.
3. Serve warm or cold with fruit, yoghurt, syrup and nut butter.