Smoothies don't have to be boring. So get creative and add some texture with your favorite toppings. This recipe uses almond butter, coconut, strawberries and hazelnuts - but the options are endless.
- Prep Time
- 1 large ripe banana
- 160g frozen forest fruit berries
- 100-150ml coconut milk, from the carton
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- ¼ tsp beetroot powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 100g coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp flaxseed (I like a mixed berry flaxseed mix)
- 1 tbsp unflavoured plant-based protein, optional
- Topping suggestions: berries, desiccated coconut, flaxseed, granola, nut butter
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and whizz to combine. Add more or less milk to make a thinner or thicker smoothie – less milk will result in a thick smoothie bowl but your food processor may struggle. Add more milk to make a drinkable smoothie.
- Serve straight away in a bowl and top with desired toppings. Here, I have used strawberries, desiccated coconut, flaxseed and hazelnut, and berry nut butter.
- Serving Size: 1