Read this ingredients list and tell us you don't NEED your kitchen to smell like this immediately! Make this fragrant, yummy meal in no time at all.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 0.5 Tsp grated ginger
- 2 Tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tsp ground coriander
- 2 Tsp ground turmeric
- 2 Tsp garam masala
- 1 Tsp black mustard seeds
- 250g quinoa
- 400g (1 can) coconut milk
- 200ml vegetable stock
- ½ juice of a lemon
1. In a large pan heat coconut oil, sauté onions and garlic.
2. Add ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala and mustard seeds to onions and fry off for a further 5 minutes.
3. Next, add in coconut milk, quinoa, lemon juice and vegetable stock. Simmer on medium heat for the next 20 minutes, or until all liquid has evaporated - the texture should be sticky.
4. Salt to taste and serve with roasted Spring vegetables.
This recipe was developed by Alice Leppard during their time at The Vegan Chef School. To find out more about masterclasses and vegan chef courses, both in person or online, visit The Vegan Chef School here.
You can follow Alice's vegan chef journey on Instagram.