Get your pots ready and boil some water because it’s time to boil some spaghetti! Oh and get your blenders ready too because you’ll need them to create this creamy sauce.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 200 g dry spaghetti or pasta of choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 1 onion, diced
- 1 tube (around 350g) silken tofu
- 1 tbsp calamansi juice or 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- Rice Paper Bacon
- Vegan Parmesan (recipe below)
- Chopped Basil
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a pan with oil. Sauté the garlic and onions until cooked. Set aside.
- Place the garlic, onions, and the other sauce ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, around 2-3 minutes. Feel free to adjust the seasoning depending on desired taste.
- Transfer the sauce into a pan. Add in the cooked pasta. Cook for 6-8 minutes over medium high heat until the sauce is thick.
- Serve immediately with vegan bacon, vegan parmesan (just mix everything together), and basil if desired. Enjoy while hot!
- Serving Size: 4