Banana bread is the best when you have some bananas that are a bit too brown and mushy. Ryan from The Vegan Rhino recommends adding an extra banana to the mixture for extra flavor and moistness. This is a great breakfast idea or mid-afternoon snack for busy days.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-5 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-1/2 cup All-Purpose flour
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter
- 2 Tbsp. egg replacer + 4 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1-1/4 tsp. coffee extract
- 1 Tbsp. Cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl, prepare egg replacers according to package directions.
- In mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until creamy. Slowly add egg replacers, one at a time, and mix well. Add bananas and stir to combine.
- In separate mixing bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly combine dry and wet ingredients until fully incorporated. Add coffee extract and stir until just combined—do not overmix.
- Remove 1 cup of batter and place into a small bowl. Add cocoa powder and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased starting with the vanilla batter. Alternate layers between the two until all the batter is gone. Using a knife, give a few swirls to move the batter around.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. When ready, remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container.