These Coconut, Maple, Vanilla and Orange Panna Cottas are the perfect plant-based dessert for a party, date night, or a night in with yourself and Netflix.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 can/400ml of Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Vanilla Pod or 2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 tbs Orange Extract
- 1 cup/240 of Non Dairy Milk
- 3 Tbs of Corn Starch
- 4 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 2 Oranges, peeled & cut into segments
- Juice of 2 Oranges
- Dehydrated Orange Slice (optional)
- Prepare 6 molds on a baking tray. I recommend using stainless steel dariole molds or plastic mini jelly molds.
- Split the vanilla pod down the middle & scrape out the seeds using the back of your knife.
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan over a low heat with the orange extract, vanilla pod & seeds. Let the mixture infuse.
- Separately, add the non-dairy milk to a bowl and whisk in the cornflour & maple syrup in until smooth.
- Add the milk & cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and using spatula stir the mix until it has really thickened up. This should take around 4-5 minutes. Once thick quickly remove the pan from the heat and pour the custard mix into your molds. Give them a tap on the surface to make sure they are level. Cover over the tray with cling film & place them into the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
- To make the orange dressing, simply add juice & orange segments to a small saucepan. Place the pan over low heat to bubble away and reduce down for 10 minutes.
- Once set to turn the Panna Cotta out of their molds by simply dipping the bottom of the mold in hot water to loosen them.
- Serve the Panna Cottas with plenty of dressing.
Like this recipe? Purchase Gaz Oakley's latest cookbook Vegan Christmas.
- Serving Size: 6