Christmas is officially the best time of the year. Treat your friends and family to this delicious (and extra festive) garlic bread that uses only 5 ingredients!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 500g (17.6oz) strong white bread flour
- 1/2 tbsp fast action yeast
- 3 tbsp dairy-free margarine
- 6 garlic cloves
- large handful of parsley
- olive oil
- Add the flour, yeast and a pinch of salt to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the middle, then pour in 3 tbsp of olive oil and 300ml (10 fl.oz) of tepid water, and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the dough to a well-floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, then place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp tea towel to prove for an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Uncover the dough, then lightly punch it a few times to remove the air bubbles. Then tear off a small piece of dough (roughly 35g (1.2oz) in weight), roll it into a ball and place it in the middle and at the top of a large lined baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough, forming a tree shape as you place the dough balls onto the tray.
- Cover the Christmas tree with the damp tea towel and leave it to prove for a further 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F fan-assisted.
- Brush the Christmas Tree with olive oil, then bake it in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the margarine with 1 tbsp of olive oil in a small pan on a medium heat. Finely grate the garlic, then add it to the margarine mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the Christmas Tree from the oven and transfer it to a serving plate or board. Brush with the garlic margarine, then top with a generous sprinkling of salt.
- Roughly chop the parsley, discarding the stalks, and sprinkle it all over the tree. Et voila! Christmas is here!
Like this recipe? Purchase Roxy and Ben's debut cookbook So Vegan In 5.
- Serving Size: 10+