This soup is great for a light lunch, starter, or side. If you're looking for something a bit more filling, toast a slice of sourdough and smother it in vegan cream cheese. You won't regret it.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 Medium-sized Pumpkin, peeled, deseeded & cubed (my pumpkin was 8kg)
- 3 tbs Cajun Spice Mix
- 1 tbs Dried Sage
- Drizzle Olive Oil, leave out if keeping this recipe oil-free
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Onions, peeled & roughly chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 480ml/2 cups non-dairy Milk
- approx 720ml/3 cups Vegetable Stock, more may be needed depending the amount of Pumpkin you've used
- Squeeze Lemon Juice
- Handfull Pumpkin Seeds
- Drizzle Vegan Cream
- Sprinkle of Dried Chilli Flakes
- Toast with Vegan Cream Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the pumpkin into a roasting tray with the cajun, sage, seasoning & oil. Mix it all up using your hands.
- Roast the pumpkin in your oven for around 45 minutes to an hour – or until its tender.
- When the pumpkin is cooked. Place a large saucepan over a medium heat & a drop of oil or water if you're keeping this recipe oil-free, onion & garlic. Sauté the mix with a pinch of salt for 4 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin to the saucepan, followed by the milk & vegetable stock.
- Allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes before blending it until super smooth.
- Blend the soup a few ladles at a time & if it's too thick add more vegetable stock.
- Check the soup is seasoned ok before serving with the garnishes.
- Soup can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Like this recipe? Purchase Gaz Oakley's latest cookbook Vegan Christmas.
- Serving Size: 5-6