Delicious Apple Filled Cinnamon Crepes with a Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup oats ground into flour or oat flour (9 g)
- 1/2 cup rice flour (80g)
- 4 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca flour (32g)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk (360ml)
- 1 small banana (80g)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract oil for frying
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped3 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar2 tbsp plant-based milk1/2 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice1/2 tsp cornstarch1 tsp cinnamon
- To make the crepes simply put all dry ingredients into a bowl and stir with a whisk.
- Process all wet ingredients (except the oil) in a food processor or blender.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes. Heat a little oil in a small/medium sized non-stick skillet (mine has an inside diameter of 5 1/2 inches).
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet, swirl the batter around to coat the pan evenly. Cook for about 2-4 minutes or until you can easily lift a side of the crepe (don't try to flip the crepe too early). After you flipped the crepe, cook for a further 1-2 minutes. After a while, the batter will get thicker, so you might need to add a splash of milk. Continue until you have no batter left.
- To make the apple filling, put all ingredients in a skillet, stir and let simmer for a few minutes over low/medium heat.
- Add a few tsp of filling on each crepe, roll it up and serve with a drizzle of caramel sauce (see recipe below). Enjoy!
This recipe was republished with permission from ElaVegan. Find the original recipe here.