Pret A Manger announced on March 21 it would temporarily shut all of its UK outlets due to the coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic - leaving many of us feeling a little lost without our fix of vegan cookies and sandwiches.
But fear not, as we have managed to get our hands on Pret's very own recipe for its much-beloved Dark Chocolate & Almond Butter Cookies for you to make during self-isolation.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 CookiesServings
- 43g Caster sugar
- 112g Soft light brown sugar
- 4g Salt
- 40g Almond Pieces (For best results, use flaked almonds lightly smashed up, but whole almonds, chopped into small pieces will also work) 112g Dark chocolate pieces
- 205g Flour
- 20g Cocoa powder
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 65g Coconut oil
- 72g Almond butter
- 100g Golden syrup
- 40g Water
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃ (356 Fahrenheit)
2. Pour the caster sugar, soft light brown sugar, flour, almond pieces, salt and chocolate pieces into a large bowl. (For best results sieve the cocoa, flour and bicarbonate of soda).
3. Mix the almond butter, oil and golden syrup together and add to the bowl.
4. Mix together with a wooden spoon and then bring the dough together using your hands.
5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Split your dough into 8 golf ball-sized balls and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes (This will vary depending on thickness – if the edges of cookie feel firm but centre is still soft, it should be ready to take out).
7. Leave to cool for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
©Pret A Manger 2020
- Serving Size: 8 Cookies