We love a good bowl meal, and this checks all the boxes—protein packed, nutrient dense, minimal ingredients, easy to make, and dairy-free! You can also batch cook the ingredients and take a bowl to the office for a not-sad desk lunch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tbsp oil, divided
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ package (8 oz.) seitan, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 slices vegan provolone
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onion. Heat until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Clean pan and add second tablespoon of oil. Add seitan, oregano, and paprika. Cook, stirring frequently, until the seitan browns on both sides, about five minutes.
- While seitan is cooking, add provolone slices and water to a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until it becomes saucy.
- Place quinoa in a bowl and top with seitan and vegetables. Spoon cheese sauce on top and serve immediately.
Like this recipe? Check out all of Switch4Good's dairy-free recipes.
- Serving Size: 1