These blondies are moist and tender in the middle with a slightly crusty crust. You'll hardly believe they're also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, AND oil-free. Claire Sharryn Roberto has mastered pure magic in making this recipe!
- 9 blondie barsServings
- 1 can (425g or 15 ounces) chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 spotty + ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats, processed into flour
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon pink salt
- 75 g peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 50g vegan dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50g chopped pecan nuts
1. Preheat oven to 176 degrees C.
2. Lightly spritz an 8x8 baking dish with oil or line with parchment paper.
3. Combine all ingredients, in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle and adorn with toppings.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until the sides start to pull away from the baking dish and the top is slightly firm.
6. Don’t stress, the blondies will continue to firm up while cooling. You want them slightly gooey in the middle.
7. Devour, mindfully!
This recipe was contributed by Chef Claire Sharryn Roberto - check her out for more delectable dishes.