This plant-based mozzarella has the stringy texture of cheese and features sunflower seeds to give it a creamy flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 Block Of MozzarellaServings
- 50g sunflower seeds (rinsed and then soaked in warm water for 2 hours)
- 300ml water
- 4 tbsp (10g) nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp psyllium husk (mixed with 1tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp (20g) cornstarch
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 40g coconut oil (deodorized, to avoid coconut taste)
- 1 tbsp agar agar (optional)
- *the agar agar will give the cheese a more firm texture when it cools down, so it can be good to allow you to cut the cheese for sandwiches, toasties etc.
- Blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender until nice and smooth.
- Pour the mix into a pan or a pot and cook on medium heat, whisking continuously to keep the texture smooth and to prevent the bottom of the pan from burning.
- At one point (within about 3-4 minutes) the cheese will begin to thicken. When it becomes nice and stringy you know it's ready.
- Serving Size: 1 Block Of Mozzarella