Triple Matcha hit! Amrita from Crazy Vegan Kitchen goes overboard by infusing not just the Vegan Mascarpone Cream with matcha powder, but also the Sponge Cake AND the Soaking Syrup. Matcha haters, run away now.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Matcha Vanilla Sheet Cake
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons Pastry Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Dried Fruit/Mixed Peel mix
Matcha Soaking Syrup
- 3/4 cup Hot Water
- 2 teaspoons Matcha Powder
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Whisky, optional
- 1 3/4 cup Raw Cashews (no need to soak)
- 1/3 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/3 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Seeds of 1 Vanilla Bean Pod
- 3/4 cup Soy Milk
- 1/4 cup Soy Milk
- 1 tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Matcha Powder + 1/3 Cup Hot Water, mixed and left to cool
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease and line an 8x6 inch cookie sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
- Whisk Soy Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar in a bowl set aside for 5 minutes to curdle. Sieve the Pastry Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Matcha Powder into a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk Vegan Butter, Sugar and Salt till light and fluffy, about a minute. Whisk in the Vanilla Extract.
- Alternate whisking in the Soy Milk mixture and dry ingredients, starting with 1/3 of the dry and ending with the last third of the dry mixture.
- Spread mixture out onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. It's okay if you over bake it slightly, it doesn't make a difference.
- Meanwhile, prepare Soaking Syrup. Mix Matcha Powder, Hot Water and Sugar together till the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- To prepare the Vegan Mascarpone Filling, in a high-speed blender, combine Cashews, Agave, Coconut Oil, Salt, Vanilla and Soy Milk. Blend thoroughly until smooth and silky.
- Divide mixture into half. For Vanilla Cream, use the first half of mixture and thoroughly whisk in extra 1/4 cup Soy Milk and 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil. Set aside.
- For Matcha Cream, blend the second half of the Mascarpone mixture with your cooled Matcha/Hot Water mixture.
- To assemble, have ready a tiramisu dish or individual ramekins/glasses. Cut a piece of sheet cake to fit the bottom of your ramekin or glass. Dip in Soaking Syrup for just a second or two and place into the bottom of your vessel.
- Top with a layer of Vanilla Cream and dust with Matcha Powder. At this point, freeze for 10 minutes.
- Once out of the freezer, top with a layer of Matcha Cream. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the process once more - Soaked Cake, Vanilla Cream and Matcha Cream - freezing cream layers for 10 minutes before continuing.
- Once complete, dust the tops of your Tiramisu with Matcha Powder and leave in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours to firm up before eating.
- Serving Size: 6