Flavorful broccoli stir fry with chickpeas and a delicious garlic ginger sauce! This vegan weeknight dinner is easy to make in just one pan and it’s ready in about 25 minutes. The healthy takeout recipe is meat-free, gluten-free, low in fat, and very simple!
Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaped tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 medium broccoli (cut into small florets, 450g)
- 1/3 cup / 80ml vegetable broth
- one 15oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- cooked rice of choice, for serving
- 1/2 cup of water (120ml)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, garlic, and all spices. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and vegetable broth. Fry until the broccoli is tender but not soft, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: In a medium bowl, combine water, soy sauce, vinegar, maple syrup, and cornstarch. Whisk.
- Pour the sauce in the pan and add chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil until the sauce simmers. Fry for a further few minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more salt/pepper/cayenne pepper if needed.
- Serve alone or with cooked rice. Enjoy!