This roasted red pepper pasta recipe might be your new favorite weeknight dinner! The healthy Alfredo sauce is super creamy, flavorful, and delicious.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 7 oz (200 g) of your favorite pasta regular or gluten-free
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the peppers into strips, quarter the onion, and peel the garlic cloves. Transfer the veggies onto the baking sheet (check the photos in the blog post above).
- You can drizzle some oil on top or roast the veggies without oil in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- At the same time cook your favorite pasta as per the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, measure the other ingredients.
- Add the roasted veggies with all other sauce ingredients to a blender (or food processor) and blend for a few minutes until super smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sauce into a skillet or pot and heat it up over medium heat. Let simmer for about a minute, add the pasta and stir with a spoon.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Add more salt/black pepper/red pepper flakes to taste if needed.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!
This recipe was republished with permission from ElaVegan. Find the original recipe here.