Beans are a great way to get in healthy sources of plant-protein, minerals, and fibre! They are great in stews, but also in salads like this. The creamy pesto really makes it extra delicious and filling, and is perfect for lunch boxes.
- 1 can of drained and rinsed butter beans
- 350g of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cucumber – cut into cubes
- 1 red onion - peeled and finely sliced
- An handful of rocket
- Optional: some crumbled Greek style vegan cheese crumbled on top
- A generous handful of basil leaves
- 2 tbsp of walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
To make the pesto place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until you have a creamy consistency, add a touch of water if too thick.
Combine the beans, cucumber, tomatoes, onion in a large bowl. Pour over the pesto and give it a good mix until all the veggies are coated in the pesto. Add the rocket leaves, crumbled cheese (if using) and some extra basil leaves.
Are you interested in attending one of Elisa's workshops? Click here.