1. Approximately 56 BILLION animals are killed EVERY YEAR.
2. Animal agriculture is the leading cause of SPECIES EXTINCTION.
3. Animal agriculture is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation industry COMBINED.
4. WorldWatch Institute estimated animal agriculture to be responsible for 51% of ALL greenhouse gas emissions.
5. Animal agriculture is responsible for 91% of AMAZON DEFORESTATION.
6. It’s estimated that someone who doesn’t eat animals saves nearly 200 animals EVERY YEAR.
7. Animal agriculture is the leading cause of OCEAN DEAD ZONES.
8. ONE THIRD of earth’s land is used for animal agriculture.
9. Animal agriculture is the leading cause of WATER POLLUTION.
10. Scientists predict that there will be NO FISH IN THE OCEAN by 2048.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are prepared in the author's capacity and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Plant Based News itself.Reuse this content
Kaden is a passionate animal rights activist, writer, graphic designer and cyclist.
Since you're here...
Plant Based News is a FREE service that receives millions of views each week on Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, our weekly newsletter and this website. This takes a lot of our personal time, money and hard work. But we do it because we KNOW it makes a difference. If those following our reporting helped by contributing, we could do even more. Please consider supporting us so we can create further awareness about animal rights, environmentalism, ethical consumerism and the plant-based lifestyle. Not a false narrative - but information that empowers people to make better choices.