What vegans might not know about the supplement industry is that many supplement manufacturing processes hurt animals and our ecosystem even if they don’t directly contain animal ingredients.
More than simply settling for a vegan multivitamin, it’s important to also select a daily supplement that’s entirely sustainable and supports proper environmental stewardship.
Choosing the best vegan multivitamin, you really have to look beyond the conventional. Most of us aren’t trained nutritionists and can be swayed by fancy marketing. Behind the sound marketing messages of popular brands, we need to look at what actually goes into the tablets or capsules we consume.
We recommend 4 things to focus on when making your choice:
1. How multivitamins are made
We found that a lot of popular supplement brands use unnatural excipients. Research indicates that these additives may be harmful to your body. The things you should avoid are magnesium stearate, stearic acid, silicon dioxide, flavourings, coating agents, glycerine, talk, palm oil, gelatine or any other animal products.
2. Avoid nasty ingredients
To make smart choices, you need to be aware of these substances:
- Digestive enzymes like pepsin and lipase (can be animal-based)
- EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acid—ALA is okay for vegans
- Vitamin D3 may come from fish oil or sheep products (from lichen is ok)
- Bee pollen isn’t vegan
- Hyaluronic acid sometimes is sourced from rooster combs
- Chondroitin is harvested from the joints of sharks or cows
- Dietary collagen is off-limits from vegans since it comes from animal tissue
- Gelatine (used in capsules) is an icky filler that shouldn’t be in supplements anyway
- Glycerine is sometimes derived from animals (Used as a preservative and sweetener)
3. The quality of the ingredients
Whilst vitamins and minerals all seem to be the same, the actual bioavailability and absorption rate is a more technical subject. There are various chemical forms of the same ingredients. The more detailed information is provided by the brand on the label, the higher chances are that the forms used are of better quality as they have nothing to hide. There is a popular misconception that vitamins are useless, and we do agree that it's out there for a reason – which is the result of low-quality ingredients that do not absorb well enough.
4. Just right. Not too much, not too little.
After speaking to many nutritional scientists and doctors. We believe that simplicity is key in a multivitamin. It is essential to only use the highest quality natural ingredients when crafting a multivitamin. Always look out for over-nutrition with ridiculously high daily doses. Most of the time you are wasting your money by peeing our all the vitamins your body does not absorb.
5. Environmental impact
When picking the best product, we should also consider the impact on the environment, the minimum amount of wasteful packaging and plastic. Every bit helps to put less strain on our planet. Ideally a totally plastic-free product.
Rather than sticking with the known, we do our own research to push the limits of what’s possible in the world of nutrition.
While everyone’s competing for the title of “best vegan multivitamin” these days we found one that fits the bill. The UK produced Feel™ Multivitamin meets all the above points. By sourcing the highest quality ingredients, investing in the effectiveness of the formula, onboarding certified nutritionists and showing a holistic approach from the product to the non-plastic waste-free biodegradable packaging.
We tried it and it works well. Ingredients are of higher quality, more bioavailable, and there are simply more of them.
Needless to say, they are certified vegan, certified kosher, allergen-free and contain no GMOs or gluten.
Why Do We Personally Recommend Feel Multivitamin?
- They are sustainable and high-quality
- 100% vegan, gluten-free, and cruelty-free
- Contains the best versions of each essential vitamin/mineral
- Offers the actual daily value that’s healthy for your body
- Includes lots of amazing natural substances like turmeric, citrus bioflavonoids, l-glutamine, Coenzyme Q10, and many more!
- Delivered to your door every month—no hassle, nothing to remember and you can cancel at any time.
- We take them ourselves every day, we would never recommend something we do'nt use ourselves.
Feel™ Multivitamin represents the pinnacle of the supplement industry. Years of painstaking research, cutting-edge production methods, and an intuitive grasp of Feel™ to deliver truly unique products.
The Feel™ Multivitamin contains 33 ingredients: 25 essential vitamins & minerals, 6 innovative phytonutrients and 2 amino acids and is the all-in-one solution for a multitude of health benefits such as energy, immunity, hair, skin, nails, bones, digestion, heart, sleep, stress and more.