The top 10 countries where veganism is most popular have been revealed in a new list.
Chef's Pencil compiled the list by analyzing Google Trends data, which it describes as a 'reliable source of big data', to search interest level for veganism across the world.
It found that searches in the veganism category (including vegan-related searches made in any language) were at an all-time high in 2020.
'Added fuel to its popularity'
In a statement sent to Plant Based News, Chef's Pencil revealed that the COVID-19 pandemic has not stopped the rise of veganism but has 'added fuel to its popularity'.
The organization added that searches for vegan recipes have skyrocketed, and continue to go strong - even though lockdown has come to an end in most parts of the world and many restaurants have re-opened.
Search data showed that countries whose cuisine traditionally is greatly meat- and dairy-based are seeing a big rise in veganism, said Chef's Pencil, which it concluded means that 'veganism is stronger than ever'.
1. United Kingdom (Popularity Score: 100)
2. Australia (Popularity Score: 87)
3. Israel (Popularity Score: 84)
4. Austria (Popularity Score: 82)
5. New Zealand (Popularity Score: 81)
6. Germany (Popularity Score: 77)
7. Sweden (Popularity Score: 68)
8. Switzerland (Popularity Score: 65)
9. Canada (Popularity Score: 64)
10. Ireland (Popularity Score: 63)