McDonald's is reportedly 'investigating' after a customer said they found a blue face mask cooked into a chicken nugget.
The nugget, part of a Happy Meal bought in the fast-food giant's Aldershot branch in Hampshire, was bought by Laura Arber for her six-year-old daughter Maddie.
Arber told the BBC that Maddie nearly choked on the nugget - and she had to put her finger down her daughter's throat to 'make her sick', with the vomit 'speckled with blue'.
"I couldn't work out what it was but I looked at the box of nuggets and could see something blue sticking out of another one," she added. "It was a mask, it was absolutely baked into it, it had gone like chewing gum. It was disgusting. If I hadn't been in the room I just don't know what could have happened."
The restaurant manager told Arber that the nuggets were not cooked on the premises when she went back to complain.
'A full investigation'
McDonald's has released a statement, saying it 'opened a full investigation' as soon as it was made aware of the situation, adding that food safety is of 'utmost importance '.
A spokesperson said the company has 'taken action to ensure any product from this batch is removed from restaurants'.
"We would like to offer a full apology to the customer in question and understand they are currently in conversation with our customer services team," they added.