Holiday company Hayes & Jarvis analyzed the cuisine selection of restaurants in the 50 most visited cities in the world using data from TripAdvisor.
It concluded that Dublin is the most vegan-friendly city, based on the proportion of its restaurants offering vegan options.
"Dublin is the most vegan-friendly city in the culinary world: a fifth (21.2 percent) of the city's restaurants are classified as vegan-friendly, which is more than any other city," a spokesperson said of the analysis.
"Respectively, 19 percent of London’s restaurants offer vegan-friendly cuisine, crowning it the fourth most vegan-friendly city in the world: placing the English capital right after Phuket and Amsterdam."
Top 10 cities list
- Dublin, Ireland (21.2 percent of local restaurants offer vegan-friendly options)
- Phuket, Thailand (20.1 percent)
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands (19.8 percent)
- London, United Kingdom (19 percent )
- Venice, Italy (18.6 percent)
- Florence, Italy (18.4 percent)
- Orlando, USA (17.3 percent)
- Athens, Greece (17.2 percent)
- New York City, USA (16.4 percent)
- Johannesburg, South Africa (15.5 percent)