The Ultimate Guide To Raising A Child Vegan
Hello and welcome to the ultimate guide to raising your child as a vegan. ACCESS THE COURSE TODAY
My name is Dr. Gemma Newman, a UK-based medical professional and mother to two vegan children.
I'm honoured to have teamed up with Plant Based News and Dr. Neal Barnard from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine to bring you this comprehensive guide to bringing up a vegan child.
Through more than 20 meticulously constructed modules, we'll cover a wide range of topics from breastfeeding, weaning, how your child can best adopt a whole-food plant-based diet, including which nutrients to watch out for and how to get them, the benefits this will have, tips for fussy children, recipes and much much more.
You can see the exact course structure down below.
While the course is led by myself and acclaimed plant-based physician Dr. Neal Barnard, we have also included testimonials from vegan paediatricians and mothers who have brought up vegan children. This course will continually be iterated on a regular basis with updates and bonus features every few months - so stay tuned.
- Introduction to the course - Dr. Gemma Newman introduces the course.
- Is a vegan diet safe for your child? - Dr. Gemma Newman explains why it's safe for a child to have a vegan diet, referencing the work of both the British Dietetic Association and American Academy of Dieticians.
- The one food that is optimal for all children - Dr. Neal Barnard reveals the one food that is optimal for all children and explains why there is never a reason to introduce meat into a child's diet.
- Comprehensive guide to breastfeeding - Dr. Gemma Newman covers topics including how to foster successful breastfeeding, whether it's 'vegan', how it boosts the immune system and microbiome, and what to do if you have cracks or mastitis.
- Weaning off breast milk - Dr. Gemma Newman reveals the best timing and method for weaning a child off breastmilk. Topics include the signs a baby's ready to be weaned, an introduction to what nutrient sources to give your baby timing inclusive, and much more.
- Healthy weaning diet - In a continuation of the previous module, Dr. Gemma Newman delves deeper into the best methods for weaning. Also included is specific information about nutrients, meal examples, and the suggested supplements for optimum health.
- Healthy and unhealthy vegan diets - Dr. Gemma Newman explains a vegan diet, how not all vegan food is healthy, and why it's important for children to adopt a whole-food plant-based diet for optimum health both now and on the long term.
- Saying no to vegan junk food - Dr. Neal Barnard returns with a comprehensive explanation of why it is important to ditch vegan junk food and how it fosters a happy and healthy childhood.
- Supplements and vegan children - Dr. Gemma Newman explains which supplements vegan children may need, and why.
- Why do vegans need to supplement B12? - Vegan paediatrician Dr. Ellen Storm explains why vegan children need to supplement B12.
- Low-fat vegan diets and optimum health -Dr. Gemma Newman discusses how healthy a 'low fat' vegan diet is, emphasizing the importance of healthy fats.
- Protein and fibre - Dr. Gemma Newman explains how your child can get enough protein and the importance of consuming enough fiber.
- Iron - Dr. Gemma Newman discusses iron and how to ensure children get enough on a vegan diet.
- Calcium and the milk myth - Dr. Gemma Newman talks about calcium, the best way to get enough on a plant based diet and the dangers of consuming cow's milk.
- Iodine - Dr. Gemma Newman discusses iodine and how to ensure children get enough of it on a vegan diet.
- Vegan cooking: advice and inspiration - Dr. Gemma Newman reveals her favourite vegan cookbooks highlighting healthy recipes she has used with her family!
- Managing a fussy eater - Dr. Gemma Newman shares recipes and feeding solutions to this common problem drawing on both personal experience and professional recommendations.
- Every child is on their own journey - vegan paediatrician Dr. Ellen Storm talks about how pushing your child to adopt a whole-foods plant-based diet 100% of the time might not always be the right thing to do.
- The importance of mental health - Dr. Gemma Newman addresses a number of topics, including how a healthy plant-based diet will impact your mental health, and how to manage anxiety around feeding children plants in a world obsessed with animal products.
- It is normal for your vegan children to have loads of energy! - Vegan pediatrician Dr. Ellen Storm talks about how her vegan kids have loads of energy and how this is normal.
- Case study 1: The 'happy and healthy' vegan baby - New mom Nikita explains why she went vegan while pregnant and reports on her happy and healthy vegan baby.
- Case study 2: Raising a whole-food plant-based family - Erin explains why and how her vegan family adopted a more whole-food plant-based approach to their eating.
- Case study 3: Dropping dairy for improved health - Erin describes how cutting out dairy drastically improved her children's health.
- Case study 4: The diet of a vegan family - Lucy explains what her family, including two vegan children, eat on a typical day breakfast, lunch and dinner inclusive.
- Case study 5: Vegan since birth one teen’s story - Peter describes his experience as a vegan child, including tips for parents on school lunches and more