A dead deer - whose body was found in a Thai national park - had 15lb (7kg) of rubbish in his stomach, according to reports.
A Khun Sathan National Park official said the 10-year-old animal had obviously been ingesting the rubbish 'for a long time' before he died.
Among the items found in his stomach were plastic bags and rope, food packaging, and men's underwear.
Kriangsak Thanompun, a director at the National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department, says officials believe the rubbish blocked the animal's alimentary canal, but a further investigation will be launched.
He said: "We believe it had been eating those plastics for a long time before it died."
He described the death as a 'tragedy', adding: "It shows we have to take seriously and reduce... single-use plastic."